It is alleged that:
– the PEO placed a parking ticket on a car parked in a no-standing designated location on Dundas Street West,
– the PEO returned to his marked police vehicle and drove north on Keele Street,
– while stopped at a red light, a man walked up to the PEO’s vehicle, punched the driver’s side window, and began to kick the driver’s side door,
– the man then swore and threatened to kill the PEO,
– the PEO remained in his vehicle and radioed for assistance,
– a citizen witnessed the incident and wrote down the man’s licence plate,
– the man then threatened the witness, before driving south on Keele Street.
A short time later, Pedro Tavares Correira, 36, of Toronto, attended 11 Division and surrendered to police.
He has been charged with two counts of Threatening Death.
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Monday, March 7, 2011, room 111, 11 a.m.