It is alleged that:
– a 66-year-old man drove into his parking spot and began walking into the apartment building when he was struck on the head by a 17-year-old youth, and fell to the ground,
– the youth then attacked the man, stabbing him many times in the arms, face and head,
– the man managed to escape, only to collapse in the first-floor hallway of the apartment building,
– the youth took the man’s keys to his car and drove off,
– as the youth drove out of the parking garage, he hit several parked cars, a small tree, then lost control and struck a large tree on the north side of Eccleston Drive,
– the youth then fled on foot into a ravine,
– the youth was arrested a short time later.
The 66-year-old man was taken to hospital via emergency run.
A 17-year-old youth has been charged with:
1. Attempted Murder,
2. Aggravated Assault,
4. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime (over),
5. Dangerous Operation,
6. Fail to Comply Recognizance.
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Wednesday, February 9, 2011, room 204F, 10 a.m.
The name of the accused cannot be release under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.