It is alleged that:
– a man riding the subway was causing a disturbance and threw a drink at a TTC employee,
– the man got off at High Park subway station and left using the Quebec Avenue exit,
– the man then approached a 41-year-old woman, who was carrying a baby, and began yelling at her,
– the man hit the woman in the face with a bag he was holding,
– a 21-year-old man witnessed the assault and, when he intervened to assist the woman, he was punched in the face by the man,
– the witness then tackled the man and held him on the ground until police arrived.
Khoder Ahmed, 32, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1) Mischief Under,
2) Causing a Disturbance,
3) Two counts of Assault.
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Friday, February 4, 2011, room 101, 10 a.m.