It is alleged that:
– a security officer observed the accused stealing,
– the security officer attempted to arrest the accused,
– the accused pointed a firearm at the security officer and fired once at the officer, missing the officer,
– the accused then fled the area,
– a handgun was recovered at the scene.
On Friday, February 4, 2011, Christopher Alexander, 27, of Toronto, was arrested in Calgary, on a Canada Wide Warrant, by the Calgary Police Service.
It is further alleged that:
– during the arrest, a second handgun was recovered.
It is also alleged that:
– on Friday, February 11, 2011, while the accused was being returned to Toronto, during the flight, the accused assaulted two TPS officers.
Christopher Alexander, 27, has been charged with:
1) Theft under,
2) Escape from lawful custody,
3) Attempted murder while using certain firearm,
4) Unauthorized possession of a firearm,
5) Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized,
6) Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition,
7) Possession of firearm obtained by the commission of an offence,
8) Firearm careless use,
9) Pointing a Firearm,
10) Careless storage of a firearm,
11) Careless Storage Ammunition,
12) Careless use of ammunition,
13) Possession of ammunition for a dangerous purpose,
14) Unauthorized possession of a prohibited ammunition,
15) Possession of prohibited ammunition knowing its possession is unauthorized,
16) Unauthorized possession of prohibited ammunition,
17) Possession of ammunition contrary to prohibition order,
18) Carry concealed weapon, prohibited device or prohibited ammunition,
19) two counts of Fail to comply Recognizance,
20) two counts of Assault in aircraft in flight,
21) two counts of Assaulting a peace officer,
22) Mischief under.
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Saturday, February 12, 2011, room 101, at 10 a.m.