I work long hours, and seem to have less and less free time. Perhaps this is why I find it almost impossible to meet people to date. Finding a relationship is important to me.
Any suggestions on what to do and where to go to meet guys with potential?
I understand how frustrating it can be to feel you just have no time to meet people when being in a relationship is important to you.
Since you work long-hours, why not get double the leverage from your limited personal time?
Whatever your passions and interests may be, there's likely to be a relevant local class, group, or event which will get you out there interacting with others who share your interest.
To get your creative juices flowing, I'll give you three examples:
1. If participating in sports is an activity you enjoy, consider joining a co-ed league.
2. If you’re a wine connoisseur, check out wine-tastings in your area.
3. If you enjoy cooking, consider taking or teaching a class. (Teaching a “Boiling Water for Bachelors” class may be fun!)
The possibilities are endless. I love doing this fruitful exercise with our dating coaching as well as matchmaking clients.
The beauty of this strategy is two-fold.
First, you know you’ll have fun doing the things you love, regardless of whether or not you end up meeting someone; and
Secondly, being happily engaged in what you’re doing, really being in your element, tends to be magnetizing to guys.
Let us explore three other ways to leverage your limited time:
1. Consider leveraging your time by retaining the services of a professional matchmaker who can find and introduce you to guys with potential.
2. Online dating. I know online dating can be time-consuming, but the upside is tremendous reach and flexibility. Since the internet is available 24/7, you can find guys with potential whenever your crazy schedule allows.
3. Perhaps most fundamentally, as a dating coach to busy professionals, I challenge my clients to consider whether they’re truly making the time and space in their lives for a relationship. I often say that people’s calendars and budgets reflect their true priorities.
If being in a relationship is a top priority for you, don’t try to wait until you somehow manage to find someone. Be sure to make time and space now.
Jasbina Ahluwalia is an Indian-American attorney turned entrepreneur, Relationship Expert, Radio Show Host and Matchmaker / Dating Coach.
She is the Founder & President of Intersections Match, the only Elite Personalized Matchmaking & Dating Coaching Firm in the country serving Selective Singles of South Asian descent Nationwide in the U.S.
Jasbina is also the host of Intersections Talk Radio, a monthly holistic lifestyle show – conversations with published authors/experts on relationships and health and wellness.
For more information, please visit www.IntersectionsMatch.com.
Feel free to submit a Question to be considered for this column to Jasbina directly at Jasbina@IntersectionsMatch.com.