He may be the in-house Bollywood casanova in real life, having wooed, dumped and won more women than any other leading man. But on screen, Ranbir Kapoor is more often the second choice for his leading ladies than not. Don’t believe me? Take a look at the films where Ranbir loved and lost, or nearly lost the girl.
1. Saawariya: In his debut film Ranbir Kapoor adored Sonam Kapoor to death. But she had eyes, ears and sighs only for Salman Khan. At the end of the film, Sonam walked away with Sallu while Ranbir stood staring into the horizon.
2. Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahaani: All right. So there is a kind of subverted dignity in losing your girl to Salman Khan. But what happens when you lose her to Upen Patel (of all people!). Yup, in Rajkumar Santoshi’s comedy Ranbir’s Prem’s Jenny (Katrina Kaif) is in love with Upen Patel. There is no telling about tastes, really.
3. Anjaana Anjaani: Ranbir Kapoor saves Priyanka Chopra from committing suicide and they both embark on a journey across the world. So you’d think they’d fall madly in love, right? Not so fast. Priyanka already has a fiancé played by Zayed Khan. It takes some wild plotting and planning before Ranbir gets the girl. Phew. Devdas finally gets his Paro.
4. Rockstar: Imtiaz Ali’s subversive take on Devdas had ‘Devdas’ Ranbir Kapoor and his unlikely ‘Paro’ Nargis Fakhri romping across fun times included a sneak visit to sleazy porn film in a lowbrow movie theatre. All that changed when this Times Square version of Saratchandra Chatterjee’s heroine marries her fiancé (Moufid Aziz) and leaves the country. Ranbir drinks, sings, plays the guitar and tries to make out with Aditi Rao Hydari. But it’s a losing battle with the bottle. Yup, Ranbir lost the girl one more time.
5. Barfi: Devdas again! This time Ranbir Kapoor loses his Paro (Ileana DCruz) to Bengali star Jisshu Sengupta. Fun-times with the autistic Chandramukhi (Priyanka Chopra) cannot take away from the fact that Barfi can’t get the girl he loves.
7. Jagga Jasoos: And now in his latest foray into rejection Ranbir’s love interest Katrina is actually in love with her dead fiancé. But the dead can’t make good life partners. So she finally settles for Jagga Kapoor.
Click HERE to read the original article.