Bobby began the journey of stardom for Rishi Kapoor. It is the ultimate love story for many generations of Indians. Here are some facts about this romantic musical blockbuster that would tickle some and torment others.
1. Raj Kapoor did not make Bobby to launch his son Rishi Kapoor. From the outset the film’s focus was on the film’s leading lady and, well, Rishi was welcome to climb on board. But he got no special treatment. His dad was busy focusing on the female lead.
2. 15-year old Dimple Kapadia was Raj Kapoor’s friend Chunnilal Kapadia’s daughter. He chose her after auditioning numerous other girls including Rishi’s future wife Neetu Singh and Pakistani singer Nazia Hassan.
3. Shailendra Singh who was chosen to be Rishi Kapoor’s voice was Raj Kapoor’s choice. He wanted a completely new voice for Rishi. But it was Lata Mangeshkar all the way for Dimple.
5. The role that Aruna Irani played, of the virgin-boy Rishi Kapoor’s seductive sexually savvy friend, was written for Rekha. She didn’t do the role as she found it secondary. Later after many years Rekha got a chance to be directed by Raj Kapoor in Dharam Karam.
6. There is a scene in Bobby where Aroona Irani catches Rishi emerging from the bathroom naked. He was actually nude while doing the scene. Ranbir Kapoor too did a nude shot in his debut film Saawariya.
7. Bobby originally had a tragic ending with the lovers drowning themselves. But distributors threatened to drown themselves if RK didn’t change the ending. Thus a blissful finale was forced on Raj Kapoor’s version of Romeo & Juliet. Shakespeare must have rolled his eyes.
Click HERE to read more and view the original source of this article.