Manoj Kumar files case against SRK Farah

Yesteryear's actor Manoj Kumar created a furor around the release of the Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone starrer Om Shanti Om, based on his apparent defamation in the film. Though later the actor withdrew post SRK and director Farah Khan apologized to him. But now he has renewed his battle against the film.

In fact Kumar has lodged a criminal case in a local court on Tuesday against Shah Rukh Khan and choreographer-director Farah Khan for allegedly defaming him in their 2007 movie Om Shanti Om. Further, the 75-year old actor has demanded registration of a first information report against Shah Rukh and Farah for alleged offences pertaining to cheating, defamation, criminal breach of trust and conspiracy, in his complaint before the Andheri Metropolitan Court.

The reason behind his visible anger is related to a scene in the film in which Shah Rukh had mimicked Kumar in a manner which the veteran actor found objectionable. However, the magistrate, while adjourning the matter till Friday, has directed that a CD of the movie containing the objectionable scene be produced before the court.

Earlier, post the apology, a Mumbai court had ordered that the said scene be deleted from the movie before it was released and telecast on television channels. Now with the recent release in Japan, the said scene was not deleted. Adding that he had been made to believe that the scene was deleted from the movie, but now it was being shown all over the place in an attempt to gain popularity and business for the film, and making money out of it, which he has termed as a "fraud" and "conspiracy".

Article written by staff at Bollywood Hungama. Read more

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


Confirm you are not a spammer! *