By Stephen Pate – After 2 months of smooth operation, my Bose Soundlink Color speaker started acting up. It would cycle on “Connect to iPad” then “Disconnect iPad“. With the voice system that gets on your nerves.
The solution is a call to Bose Support 1-800-380-4831 for a bios update. It’s not complicated and if you want to do it yourself, here’s the link and steps.
- Connect your Bose Soundlink Color to your computer via the USB cable
- Go to updates.bose.com/soundlinkcolor
- Download and install the Updater software
- Run the updater software
- The software will tell you if there is an available update
- While the device is getting updated, delete the Soundlink Color from any devices you want to connect
- Turn off Bluetooth on the devices
- When the update is done, disconnect from the computer
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button until it’s blue
- Turn on the device, connect to the Soundlink Color (repeat for each device)
- Should work
Why Bose doesn’t automate the process is anyone’s guess.
Available from Amazon.com
By Stephen Pate, NJN Network