This article was last updated on April 16, 2022
All guitarists have their favourite guitars. Mike Campbell has some choice vintage gear for his road tours and some unusual fave's like a Gibson SG from the 60s'.
Really interesting is his choice of small amps that he uses for tone not volume. It's a fun to watch video. To confuse the amp issue, some shows have huge Tweed cabs.
Premiere Guitar – "One side of Campbell's guitar arsenal covers all the bases. From a recent Fender Custom Shop Tele with a B-Bender, a pair of Rickenbacker 12-strings, a pair of '50s Teles, a Gretsch 6186 Clipper and mid-'60s Gibson SG that Campbell's been favoring for this tour after recently digging it out of storage."
- Mike Campbell has over 250 guitars, some vintage some new
- He buys them everywhere including eBay
- His amps include old and new including the Fender Pawn Shop Series
- His pedals are basics like Line 6
- Everything is stored in A&S AxeBoxes
- Whatever strikes your fancy
Photo credits – Featured image musicentrophy and Mike Campbell Madison Square Gardens by Jonathan Bayer. Creative Commons license – check the links for details. Thanks to Premiere Guitar for the video.