All guitarists have their favourite guitars. Mike Campbell has some choice vintage gear for his road tours and some unusual fave's like a Gibson SG from the 60s'.
Really interesting is his choice of small amps that he uses for tone not volume. It's a fun to watch video. To confuse the amp issue, some shows have huge Tweed cabs.
Premiere Guitar – "One side of Campbell's guitar arsenal covers all the bases. From a recent Fender Custom Shop Tele with a B-Bender, a pair of Rickenbacker 12-strings, a pair of '50s Teles, a Gretsch 6186 Clipper and mid-'60s Gibson SG that Campbell's been favoring for this tour after recently digging it out of storage."
- Mike Campbell has over 250 guitars, some vintage some new
- He buys them everywhere including eBay
- His amps include old and new including the Fender Pawn Shop Series
- His pedals are basics like Line 6
- Everything is stored in A&S AxeBoxes
- Whatever strikes your fancy
Photo credits – Featured image musicentrophy and Mike Campbell Madison Square Gardens by Jonathan Bayer. Creative Commons license – check the links for details. Thanks to Premiere Guitar for the video.