It is alleged that:
– three men forcibly entered an apartment and assaulted a man and a woman who were in the apartment, and made demands for cash and valuable property,
– the suspects were armed with weapons, including a knife,
– the man attempted to fight off his attacker and received numerous cuts to his chest, arms, legs and face,
– police searched the area for the three suspects and located one of the suspects in the area,
– a quantity of stolen property was recovered.
The man was taken to hospital suffering from non-life-threatening injuries, and is in stable condition.
Two men remain outstanding in this investigation.
Suspect #1 is described as having a light-black complexion, early 20s, with braided hair, wearing a red T-shirt and dark-coloured shorts. He had a brace on his right arm.
Suspect #2 is described as black, early 20s with a shaved head and chubby build. He was wearing a white T-shirt and dark baggy jeans.
Abdifatah Mohammed Okash, 28, of Toronto, has been charged with:
2. Disguise With Intent
3. Unlawfully in a Dwelling
4. Aggravated Assault
5. Weapons Dangerous
6. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
7. Fail to Comply with Probation
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Friday, July 15, 2011, 10 a.m., room 101.