This article was last updated on April 16, 2022
On Wednesday, September 14, 2011, police responded to a radio call for a robbery/home invasion at an apartment on Dunfield Avenue.
It is alleged that:
– three men knocked on an apartment door, and forced their way into apartment when one of the tenants opened the door,
– a violent struggle ensued between three occupants and the three men, one of whom was armed with a gun,
– the three men were forced back into the hallway by the tenants and police were called,
– uniform officers responded and searched the immediate area for the three men,
– security video from an area business assisted the officers in identifying the suspects,
– one of the suspects was arrested near the scene.
It is further alleged that:
– a second arrest was made a short time later and, while en route to the station for processing, officers observed the third suspect, who had returned to the area of the robbery, who was in the process of discarding a firearm,
– the third suspect was subsequently arrested and two loaded handguns were seized,
– also seized from the second accused was a quantity of marijuana and cash.
Devawn Sawyers, 19; Paul Williams, 18; and Tyranne Greenridge, 18; all of Toronto, have each been charged with:
1. two counts of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
2. two counts of Possession of a Firearm knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
3. two counts of Firearm Careless Storage,
4. Robbery While Armed with a Firearm,
5. Conspiracy to Commit Indictable Offence,
6. two counts of Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition.
Tyranne Greenidge is additionally charged with:
1. Possession for the Purpose Cannabis (under)
2. Possession of Proceeds of Crime.
The accused were all scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, September 15, 2011, 10 a.m., room 103.