On Saturday, November 12, 2011, at approximately 4:30 p.m., police were called to the intersection of Blackthorn Avenue and Eglinton Avenue West for a shooting.
It is alleged that:
– a man was followed off a TTC bus by two other men
– one of the men drew a handgun and fired three shots directly at the man they were following
The victim remains in hospital with critical injuries to his leg, hand and neck.
The gunman was identified and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
On Thursday, November 24, 2011, Bilal Mohammed Deeb, 19, of Toronto, was arrested.
He is charged with:
1) Attempted murder while using certain firearm
2) Discharge firearm endanger life
3) Use firearm to commit indictable offence
4) Point firearm
5) Careless use of a firearm
6) Possession of ammunition for a dangerous purpose
7) Unauthorized possession of a firearm
8) Unauthorized presence of a firearm in a motor vehicle
9) Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition
10) Carry concealed weapon
11) Weapons dangerous
12) Fail to comply with recognizance
13) Revocation of bail
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Friday, November 25, 2011, at 2 p.m.
The second man is yet to be identified and is still outstanding.
The investigation is ongoing.