It is alleged that:
– the accused was in possession of child pornography
After the arrest, a search warrant was executed at his home.
It is further alleged that:
– police seized numerous photos of children posing for pictures that were taken in parks and along riverbanks in the Toronto area
– the photos were taken sometime between the 1960s and 1980s
– in some of the photos, the children were not aware that their picture was being taken
On Thursday, November 29, 2012, Richard “Rick” Westner, 68, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1) Possession of Child Pornography
He appeared in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Friday, November 30, 2012, at 10 a.m.
Police believe there may be more victims.