It is alleged that:
– a large group of men engaged in a fight in the parking lot
– one of the men was armed with a gun and fired several shots
– a 19-year old-man and a 23-year-old man were struck by bullets and taken to hospital
– the 19-year-old man suffered life-threatening injuries
On Friday, February 15, 2013, just after midnight, the 19-year-old victim succumbed to his injuries in hospital.
He has been identified as Naveed Shahnawaz, 19, of Brampton.
A post-mortem examination is to be scheduled.
On Monday, February 11, 2013, three men were charged in relation to the shooting investigation.
Tony Hoang Dinh, 18, of Toronto, was charged with:
1. two counts of Attempt Murder with Firearm
2. two counts of Aggravated Assault
3. Assault with a Weapon
4. Assault Causing Bodily Harm
5. Robbery While Armed with a Firearm
6. Pointing a Firearm
7. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
8. Possession of a Restricted Forearm with Ammunition
9. Weapons Dangerous
10. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
11. two counts of Discharge Firearm with Intent to Wound
Jonathan Kwok-Ho Lau, 19, of Toronto, was charged with:
1. Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
2. Assault with a Weapon
3. Breach of Recognizance
Hoan Nguyen, 26 years, of Toronto, was charged with:
On Friday, February 15, 2013, the Homicide Squad took over the investigation.
Tony Hoang Dinh, 18, is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, February 21, 2013, 10 a.m., room 101.