This article was last updated on April 16, 2022
On Monday, April 29, 2013, police arrested a man in connection with an ongoing child-luring investigation.
It is now alleged that:
– between January 2011 and February 2013, the accused engaged three boys, between 16 and 17, through cell phone and Internet chats
– two of the victims sent images of themselves to the accused using their cell phones
– two of the victims were sexually assaulted by the accused
Daniel Younis, 24, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. three counts of Luring a Child (Under 18)
2. two counts of Attempt Make Child Pornography
3. three counts of Sexual Exploitation
The accused was scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Monday, April 29, 2013, room 306, at 10 a.m
At the time of his first arrest, Daniel Younis was the Recruiting Coordinator and Running Back coach for the York University Lions football team.
It is alleged that:
– two of the three victims were sexually assaulted on the York University campus
– the accused met the third victim at an all-star football game in Texas
Police believe there may be more victims.