This article was last updated on April 16, 2022
The south inner roadway and one of two lanes on the south outer roadway of the Williamsburg Bridge eastbound to Brooklyn will be closed from 3:00 am to 3:00 pm Saturday and Sunday to facilitate NYCDOT bridge repairs. The north inner roadway’s two lanes will be reversed to accommodate eastbound traffic. From 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm one of two lanes on the eastbound south outer and south inner roadways will be closed and the north inner roadway will be returned to westbound traffic. Brooklyn-bound trucks will be detoured to the Manhattan Bridge. The bike entrance at the Suffolk Street median will be temporarily closed. Cyclists will use the Delancey Street South sidewalk to the Clinton Street entrance.
The east tube of the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to Manhattan will be closed Saturday from 5:00 pm to 1:00 am for MTA inspection work. Two-way traffic will be maintained in the west tube.
The lower roadway of the George Washington Bridge westbound to New Jersey will be closed from 10:00 pm Friday to 10:00 am Saturday and from 10:00 pm Saturday to 10:00 am Sunday to facilitate Port Authority pavement rehabilitation.
One of two lanes in each direction on the Metropolitan Avenue Bridge over English Kills between Brooklyn and Queens will be closed Saturday from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm to facilitate NYCDOT bridge repairs.
One of two eastbound lanes on the Bruckner Expressway between the Sheridan Expressway and Bronx River Avenue, as well as the East 138th Street entrance onto the eastbound Bruckner Expressway, will be closed from 10:00 pm Saturday to 10:00 am Sunday to facilitate NYCDOT bridge work.
The Park Avenue Viaduct northbound between 40th Street and 46th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 12:01 am to 7:00 am Saturday and/or Sunday to facilitate building construction activity.
Nassau Street between Ann Street and Fulton Street and Ann Street between Park Row and William Street in Manhattan will be closed Saturday and/or Sunday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm to facilitate project roadway work by the Department of Design and Construction. Fulton Street between Church Street and Broadway will be closed from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Saturday and/or Sunday. On Church Street between Fulton Street and Dey Street, one lane of traffic will be maintained Saturday from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm and Sunday from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Route 9A/West Street northbound from Warren Street to Chambers Street will be reduced to two lanes from 5:00 am Saturday to 3:00 pm Sunday to facilitate roadway reconstruction by New York State DOT. Northbound trucks on 9A going east will be diverted to Hubert Street. Eastbound vehicles on Chambers Street exiting Battery Park City will be diverted south on 9A to Murray Street.
The following streets will be closed on Saturday:
– Burnside Avenue from Jerome Avenue to Morris Avenue in the Bronx will be closed on Saturdays, July 31 and August 7 from noon to 4:00 pm for Bronx Summer Walks.
– 46th Street from Queens Boulevard to Greenpoint Avenue in Queens will be closed on Saturdays, July 31, August 7, August 14, August 21, and August 28 from noon to 7:00 pm for Sunnyside Summer Streets.
– 79th Street between 5th Avenue and Central Park West in Manhattan will be closed from 12:01 am to 6:00 am to facilitate NYCDOT bridge inspection.
– Avenue of Americas (6th Avenue) between 42nd Street and 57th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm for the Avenue of the Americas Association Festival.
– Pitkin Avenue between Strauss Street and Thomas Boyland Street in Brooklyn will be closed from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm for Weekend Walks Pitkin Summer Plazas.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
– Shore Boulevard from Astoria Park South to Ditmars Boulevard in Queens will be closed on Sundays, August 1, August 8 and August 15 from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm for Astoria Water Walk.
– Northern Boulevard between 69th and 89th Streets in Queens will be closed from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm for the Ecuadorian Civic Committee Parade.
– Broadway between 57th and 47th Streets in Manhattan will be closed from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm for the Congress of Racial Equality Health Expo.
– Madison Avenue between 41st and 23rd Streets in Manhattan will be closed from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm for the Pakistani Day Parade and Festival. 37th and 38th Streets between 5th and Park Avenue and 27th Street between 5th and Park Avenue will be closed from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm for the parade formation and dispersal.
– Columbus Avenue between 66th and 72nd Streets in Manhattan will be closed from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm for the Lincoln Square Neighborhood Center Columbus Avenue.
– Bayard Street between Mott Street and Baxter Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm for the Asian Americans for Equality-Chinatown Summer Street Festival.
– Flatbush Avenue between Empire Boulevard and Parkside Avenue in Brooklyn will be closed from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm for the Flatbush Family Fun Festival.
– Knickerbocker Avenue between Suydam and Starr Streets in Brooklyn will be closed from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm for the Sunday Scene on Knickerbocker.
– 5th Avenue between 51st and 56th Streets in Brooklyn will be closed from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm for Summer Plazas on 5th Avenue.
The times listed for closures for street fairs are for the actual times of the street fairs themselves. The streets may be closed longer to allow for setup and breakdown. Street fair organizers are generally permitted to begin setup at 8:00 am and breakdown must be completed by 7:00 pm.