On Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013, at approximately 5:15 p.m., police responded to a collision involving a vehicle and motorcycle at the intersection of 26 Street S.W. and Oakfield Drive.
A 2008 Suzuki Boulevard motorcycle with two occupants was traveling west on Oakfield Drive S.W. approaching 26 Street S.W., when a 2000 Ford Taurus traveling south on 26 Street approached Oakfield Drive, failing to stop at a yield sign and t-boning the motorcycle.
Both occupants of the motorcycle were ejected and thrown approximately fifteen metres. The Taurus continued to travel south on 26 Street onto the sidewalk, coming to a rest after colliding with a tree.
The 53-year-old passenger of the motorcycle was pronounced deceased at the scene. Both the driver of the motorcycle and the driver of the Taurus sustained serious injuries.
The driver of the Taurus, Kelsey Lynn Tallman, 21, of Calgary, has been charged with one count each of:
– Impaired driving causing death
– Impaired driving causing bodily harm
– Driving with a blood level exceeding 80mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood causing death
– Driving with a blood alcohol level exceeding 80mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood causing bodily harm
– Dangerous driving causing death
– Dangerous driving causing bodily harm