At approximately 6:30 p.m., on Friday, Sept. 20, 2013, a fatal collisionoccurred at the intersection of 52 Street and Erin Woods Drive S.E.
A Ford F150 was southbound on 52 Street when it’s alleged the driver ran a red light, broadsiding a Mazda minivan that was eastbound on Erin Woods Drive.
An 11-year-old girl in the minivan was killed instantly. A 53 year-old man and 40-year-old woman suffered serious injuries.
The driver of the truck suffered minor injuries.
Following a lengthy investigation by the CPS Traffic Section, investigators allege the truck’s driver was impaired by alcohol and was speeding.
Karl Schwarz 29, of Okotoks, has been charged with the following:
– Impaired driving causing death
– Two counts of impaired driving causing bodily harm
– Impaired driving over .08 causing death
– Two counts of impaired driving over .08 causing bodily harm
– Dangerous operation of a vehicle causing death
– Two counts of dangerous operation of a vehicle causing bodily harm