The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a Fraud investigation.
In November 2014, police began an investigation into a fraudulent insurance slip.
It is alleged that:
– a paralegal purported to be a lawyer
– he conducted his business by word-of-mouth
– he is neither licensed to sell automotive insurance, nor was the insurance valid
On Tuesday, March 31, 2015, Min Hoi "Kenny" Yau, 56, of Toronto, was arrested. He was charged with:
1) Fraud – Under ($5000)
2) Uttering a Forged Document
3) Possession of Proceeds of Crime
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, on Monday May 25, 2015, 10 a.m., courtroom 407.