On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 the London Police Service was contacted by staff at the Ashley Oaks Public School , 121 Ashley Crescent, regarding a camera concealed in a backpack in a change room.
A teacher at Ashley Oaks Public School, Jamie Gardiner (37) of London, was charged with two counts of voyeurism after images of two adult females were located on devices that were eventually seized from his residence.
As a result of the investigation, Jamie Gardiner has further been charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
– 17 counts of voyeurism – 1 contrary to section 162(1)(a) and 16 contrary to section 162(1)(b);
– 1 count of make child pornography, contrary to section 163.1(2); and
– 1 count of unlawfully possess child pornography, contrary to section 163.1(4).
To date, a total of 20 female victims were identified as:
– 8 Thames Valley District School Board staff members;
– 7 adult coop students from other educational institutions;
– 1 teenage student under 18 years of age from another educational institution; and
– 4 unidentified.
The investigation is ongoing in an attempt to identify the remaining people.
The accused was arrested this morning and will appear in court on Tuesday, May 26, 2015.
The London Police Service would like to commend the administration of the Thames Valley District School Board and the staff at Ashley Oaks Public School for the manner in which they dealt with these incidents. The identified victims have been notified and appropriate assistance is being provided. The educational institutions pertaining to the victims are aware of the findings of the investigation.