On Thursday, March 19, 2015, the Toronto Police Service made the public aware of an arrest in a Sexual Exploitation investigation.
It was alleged that:
– a man was employed as an Educational Assistant at Neil McNeil High School, 127 Victoria Park Avenue
– he lured and sexually exploited a student on numerous occasions
On Friday, March 13, 2015, Patrick Persaud, 58, of Toronto, was arrested. He was charged with:
1) eight counts of Sexual Exploitation of a Person With Disability
Prior to working at Neil McNeil High School, he worked at St. Sylvester Catholic School, 260 Silver Springs Boulevard from 2005 to 2009.
It is further alleged that:
– during 2013, a 17-year-old boy was sexually assaulted and exploited
On Wednesday, April 29, 2015, Patrick Persaud was further charged with:
1) Sexual Assault
2) Sexual Exploitation Of Person With Disability
He was scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East on Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 10 a.m., room 412.
Police believe there may be more victims.