On Monday, June 1, 2015, at approximately 2:10 p.m., officers responded to a call for a shooting in the area of 3601 Lawrence Avenue East.
It is alleged that:
– two men were involved in a fight
– one man shot the other man
On Wednesday, June 3, 2015, Syed Mohammed Ali Zaidi 19, of Toronto surrendered to police. He has been charged with:
1) Second Degree Murder
2) Careless use of a Firearm
3) Weapon Dangerous to the Public Peace
4) Carry a Concealed Weapon
5) Use Firearm while Committing a Indictable Offence
6) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
7) Possession of a Firearm while its possession is unauthorized
8) Possession of a Restricted Weapon
9) Possession of a Firearm contrary to a Prohibited Order
He is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday, June 4, 2015, at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, at 10 a.m.
Homicide Detectives are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or have information to contact investigators.