1. Madhumati: To this day the best known film on the theme of reincarnation. Two lives and two stunning Vyjanthimalas being wooed by the very suave Dilip Kumar. Bimal Roy's biggest hit ever had Salil Chowdhary pulling out all stops to deliver one of Hindi cinema's finest musical scores topped by the mandatory haunting song 'Aaja re pardesi' sung by the omnipresent Lata Mangeshkar.
2. Milan: Hum tum yug-yug se yeh geet milan ke gaate rehenge…Nutan and Sunil Dutt in a tender love story spanning generations. Incredibly hummable songs by Laxmikant-Pyarelal topped by the evergreen 'Saawan ka mahina pawan kare shor….err, sore….'
4. Karz: Subhash Ghai's Indianized avatar of The Reincarnation Of Peter Proud. Ek haseena thi, ek deewana ttha, aur bahot kuch ttha. Unlike other films on the theme of punar janam, here Rishi Kapoor was Raj Kiran in his previous life. Oh, well.
5. Karan Arjun: Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan two times over with mom Raakhee screaming 'Mere Karan Arjun aayenge'. As the beautiful spirit sang in the other reincarnation film 70 years ago Aayega aanewala….Sex or punar janam, when you gotta come you gotta come.
6. Om Shanti Om: The only successful reincarnation drama in the last 10 years. 2 Shah Rukh Khans, 2 Deepika Padukones and 1 nonsensical plot that actually dared to rip off a part of Madhumati.
7. Ek Paheli Leela: After super-duds on the theme of reincarnation like Vikram Bhatt's Dangerous Ishq, Harry Baweja's Love Story 2050 and Kunal Kohli's Teri Meri Kahani at last an engrossing film on reincarnation. Two Sunny Leones at the price of one. Paisa wasool.