This article was last updated on March 16, 2023
Janson Jeyakanthan and Jayson Jeyakanthan arrested for gun possession
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance locating two outstanding men wanted in a Firearm investigation.
On Tuesday, June 7, 2022, members of 52 Division Major Crime Unit became involved in a Criminal Code investigation in the Lower Simcoe Street and Bremner Boulevard area.
As a result of the investigation, it is alleged that officers seized three firearms.
Janson Jeyakanthan, 29, and Jayson Jeyakanthan, 30, both of Brampton were arrested and each charged with:
- Three counts of Possess Firearm Other Than Restricted Or Prohibited Firearm Without Holding A Licence
- Three counts of Possess Firearm Other Than Restricted Or Prohibited Firearm Knowingly Not Holding A Licence
- Three counts of Possess Firearm, Etc. Obtained By Crime
- Three counts of Use/Handle/Store Firearm, Etc. Carelessly
- Possess Firearm With Altered Serial Number
- Four counts of Possess Prohibited/Restricted Weapon Or Prohibited Device Knowing No Authority
- Fail To Comply With Release Order
- Three counts of Possess Firearm, Etc. While Prohibited
They are scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Monday, March 20, 2023, at 10 a.m. and room 112.