• Eid ul Adha is the time for all men and women to dress up in their finest clothes . Women certainly have a broad choice of clothing available. There was a time when women prefer to purchase fully overworked attires with heavy ornate works on clothes. A remarkable shift has observed in the fashion styles in this spring fall. “Women prefer comfortable clothes with less work, keeping the humid weather in mind.
• Printed cotton dress materials with embroidery and hint of sparkle are most in demand. Other than that subtle embroidery on various fabric like linen, shamos and chiffons are in fashion, kurti’s with chordi daar, gowns, extra long shirts with small cuts, different combos of vibrant colors and color blocking with sophistication and style are in high demand.
• Silk and chiffons are wearable fabric in all the seasons. “Cotton-silk dress material, ranging from Rs1, 000 to Rs 7,000, is the priority of an average customer, depending upon if it belongs to local market or designer silk. While different markets of the city are selling all kinds of dresses. Most of the dress materials are purchased from liberty ,Auriga, Anarkai bazaar , Ichra market, Gumti bazaar ( rang mahal ) etc
• This year, shopkeepers are witnessing a remarkable shift from readymade garments to dress materials paving way for the tailors to earn some money during this festive season. “Customers are buying sober dress materials and then putting in additional effort of designing from a tailor or boutique of the city.
• Additional attributes like matching metal beads, laces, brooches, and colorful buttons are purchased to prepare stylish salwar kameez, gowns and trousers/ stretchable tights. It’s a time for the tailor to earn money as the trend from readymade garments swiftly shifted to customer own designer ideas.
• Men have considerably limited choice in clothing options. Depending upon the culture, sherwani, casual kurta/shalwar , jeans , dress pants are some of the dominant choices of men for this Eid ul Adha. Formal shirts with checks and stripe, plain shirts and trousers certainly demanding choices in men’s fashion through tut the seasons.
• Many well renowned designers came up with the Eid ul Adha “Eid collections 2012 ” namely Sana Safinaaz , Mehdi ,Nishat , Origin , Zahra Ahmed Generation ,Uroos , Threads & Motifz,Silkasia, Mansha ,Warda,Al karam,Bareeze Eid collection for men ,women and kids, Satrangi ( for men and kids ) ,Daaman etc . All of these designers came up with exceptional designs and color contrasts this season to thrive the Pakistani buyers this Eid.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.