2 small heads finely shredded Cabbage (Patta Gobi)
1 tsp Black Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
Few Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 tsp Cayenne Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
To taste Salt (Namak)
1 tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
4 tblsp Oil
How to make kobhi zunka:
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and gram flour, roast it constantly stirring to avoid lumps formation, on a moderate heat.
- As soon as the smell and color changes, remove it from the heat.
- Heat oil in another pan and add mustard seeds, allow them to pop.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add cabbage, turmeric, coriander, cayenne powders and salt, mix well.
- Lower the heat and add little water.
- Cook until cabbage is done but crisp.
- Increase the heat and dry the liquid and add the roasted gram flour, stir well.
- It will absorb the liquid and oil to form clumps.
- Break off the clumps to cook them.
- When the flour is cooked remove from the heat.
- Serve hot.