This article was last updated on April 16, 2022
Chicken burgers have evolved from the day they were first introduced. The food has acquired numerous variations to make it more deliciousto different ethnicities and cultures. One of the recent additions to the chicken burger is an extremely yummy light pesto sauce.
Light pesto chicken burgers are not only tasty but they can be prepared in only half an hour. Your kids will love the new taste. Whether you are having a birthday party for your child or going out on a picnic with your loved ones, light pesto chicken burgers will make your family events not only memorable but deliciously exciting.
The recipe for Light pesto chicken burgers is very simple and easy to follow. Once you have the following ingredients, it will only take 35 minutes to prepare.
The ingredients for Light Pesto Chicken Burgers are as follows:
• 5 Hamburger Buns ( large and whole wheat)
• 500 gm pounded Chicken
• Salt to taste
• Freshly grounded Pepper to taste
• 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
• 5 to 6 grated Almonds
• 2 sliced Tomatoes
• 2 cups Basil leaves
• 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan Cheese
• 50 gm of Baby Arugula
• 2 tablespoons of fresh Lemon juice
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
1. Cut the burger buns in half.
2. Toss the buns in a bowl with 3 table spoons of water to make them soft
3. In another bowl, add salt and pepper to the pounded chicken
4. Make 4 to 5 patties to fit the size of the burger buns
5. In a nonstick pan, pour olive oil and heat it. Let it warm for a good time.
6. Put the sliced almonds in the pan until they are brown. Increase the heat so that oil is hot
7. Put the patties in the pan and let them cook for around 5 to 7 minutes. Keep turning the sides until they are of the same light golden color.
8. Put a whole tomato in the blender and blend it well. Add basil leaves and salt to the blender and blend again.
9. Add the cheese and pepper to the mixture in the blender and blend till the paste is smooth
10. Put the patties on the burger buns and pour the freshly made pesto sauce on the patties, making sure it doesn’t drip.
11. Decorate the chicken burger with slices of tomato and pepper.
12. Put the upper slice of bun to complete your delicious Light Pesto Chicken Burger.
13. The remaining pesto sauce can be mixed with the arugula and lemon juice to serve with the burger.
14. Decorate the remaining pesto sauce with sliced almonds and serve it along with the tasty burgers.
The Light pesto Chicken Burger is ideally serve with a large glass of fresh milkshake and double crispy fries to complement this amazingly scrumptious food delight.
With this amazingly easy and quick recipe you can satiate your taste buds and experience finest quality of food in your home. It’s the perfect party food that your kids will love. Don’t forget to add this to your list of the most exciting food to have on your outings or trips.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.