So if you will eat healthy food, you will be enough active to perform Islamic activities to praise Allah and to finish fast with its true soul. I am sharing the best iftar menu for this Ramadan which you will surely like to add in iftar menu.
This is a quick and healthy iftar time recipe which is always a favorite item in the menu. For the vegetable pakoras first you have to make batter and then prepare vegetables. Children who don’t like eating vegetables, they will also love to eat them.
1 cup basin, 1 tsp. cumin seeds, 1 tsp. salt (or to taste), 2-3 green chilis (chopped), 1 potato (sliced into long thin strips), 1 onion (medium), ¼ cup peas, ¼ tsp. oregano seeds, 1 tsp. coriander seeds,1/2 tsp. crushed red chili flakes, ¼ cup mint leaves, ¼ tsp baking soda.
2. Now add all vegetables in the mixture and fold them well.
3. Pour some oil in deep frying pan and heat it (not so low and not high). Take a medium spoon full of better and pour it in the oil. Put 6 to 7 small balls of mixtures.
4. Fry the pakora balls until they turn golden brown. Take them out on a tissue that will absorb excess oil.
5. Serve it with mint, turmeric and garlic chutney. Children will love to eat them with tomato ketchup.
6. Tip: You can add your favorite vegetables in it like cauliflower, spinach or can add seasonal vegetables too.
Different types of chats is a must item on a iftar table but the mix fruit chat is everyone’s all time favorite. It is full of vitamins, minerals and gives instant fresh feeling. It is a healthy item which regulates our metabolism too.
1 big sized mango (small cubes), ¼ small peeled pineapple (small cubes),1/4 small peeled watermelon (small cubes), 2 medium pears, 2 medium apples, 2 medium chikko, 2 medium apricot, ¼ cup strawberries (small cubes), 1 tsp. cumin seeds, black salt (to taste), 2 green chilies ( chopped without seeds), 2 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves (chopped), 2 tbsp. fresh mint leaves (chopped), 1 tbsp. lemon juice, chat masala (to taste)
1. Take a big bowl and put all the cut fruits in it.
2. Roast cumin seeds nicely and grind those seeds coarsely with black salt in a mortar with a pestle. Sprinkle this powder into a bowl full of fruits.
3. Grind green chilies, coriander leaves and mint leaves in the mortar with a pestle and add them into a bowl.
4. Pour lemon juice in it and add chat masala too. Mix or toss all the ingredients with fruits well. Keep it cool in fridge and serve it at times of iftar.
This is a sweet Indo-Pak style, smoothie-like drink is a blend of fresh mango, tasty plain yogurt, and milk. It is an instant healthy drink to hydrate you. It is full of calcium and mango is a great source of vitamin A, B6, minerals and potassium.
Fresh mango, sugar (to taste), fat-free plain yogurt, low-fat milk, chopped pistachios and cardamom (optional)
1. Put all the ingredients (except pistachios and cardamom) along with ice cubes in a blender and blend it well.
2. Pour mango lassi in glasses and sprinkle some pistachios and cardamom and serve it immediately to remain its taste fresh.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.