You may not recognize internal changes in your body likemuscle stiffness, fatigue and aching. Therefore it is necessary to stay comfortable at your work desk so that you can save yourself from physical and mental problems. Here are some ways to minimize chances of pain in the course of long hours at work. These will keep you comfortable at work desk.
1. First thing is to analyze your discomfort. Your body will help you in finding where problem lies. If you have backache then adjust your chair to satisfy your needs. You will not drive until you adjust your car seat; you also need to adjust your desk chair for best outcomes.
2. Continuous work on computer can cause headaches and blurred vision. Eye fatigue is one of common work related discomforts. Consistently watching computer screen strains your eyes, neck and even your head. Ideal way to protect your eyes is to keep computer screen about 20 inches away from your face and adjust computer screen by sticking heavy books under computer or raise your desk chair. Take breaks from working on computer almost every half an hour to prevent eye strain.
4. Sitting posture should be good. That way you to save yourself from long term adverse affects to shoulders, neck andback problems. Good posture means to sit by keeping your spine straight and pelvis tilted slightly forward.
5. To stay fresh, take frequent breaks from work desk. Breathe fresh air. Continouos work fatigues quicker and you become less productive. For better outcome and success in work, take frequent breaks during work.
6. During typing, wrist bends which eventually leads to carpel tunnel syndrome. This is disease in which a nerve gets pinched at wrist. Keep your keyboard within your easy reach to type more comfortably rather than reaching toward your keyboard. To keep your wrist up, add palm support. It will prevent stressful wrists.
7. Keep your legs straight. Keeping legs crossed for longer period can decrease blood circulation which can damage your nerve or tissue.
8. To type quickly with the aim of acheiving results, the tendency is to hit the keys with unnecessary force. This kind of unnecessary pressure can lead to strain and finger pain. Give your hands and fingers a well deserved break during typing.
You can stay comfortable on work desk by making simple adjustments in your workspace. First find the reason for discomfort and follow above ways. This will enable you to stay satisfied and comfortable at your work desk.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.