By Stephen Pate – Microsoft is rolling out a Windows Phone 7.5 to 8.1 update to OneDrive for Windows Phone.
For Windows Phone users, it adds a few useful if minor features like-
- The ability to download files to your phone and pick where to save them;
- A new progress page for uploading and downloading;
- Improvements to picking contacts when you share files;
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
It really does not matter how much local storage the phone has with OneDrive.
For example, I store my complete music library of more than 300MB on OneDrive and play whatever I want, wherever I am. Other than data fees if I use the carrier and not Wi-Fi, that saves me Microsoft’s annual fee for Xbox music.
- Browse all your OneDrive files and files shared with you
- Upload multiple photos, videos and files at once
- Share files by inviting people, getting a link to copy and paste, or posting to your social networks
- Move, delete, and rename files, and create new folders
- Quickly get to documents you’ve recently opened
- Pin folders to your Start screen
- Share files to OneDrive from other apps
- Sort files and folders
- Open files from OneDrive in other apps
Once your phone is updated to Windows 8.1, download OneDrive 4.2 from the store.
By Stephen Pate, NJN Network