It is alleged that:
– two men were leaving the East York Town Centre, at 45 Overlea Boulevard, when they were approached by a group of men,
– one man from the group fired a handgun at one of the two men, striking his leg,
– a second man from the group, stabbed the other of the two men, once in the stomach and once in the chest.
On Sunday, July 24, 2011, Walid Tarzi, 21, of Toronto and Shoaib Asakzai, 20, of Toronto, were arrested and charged with:
1) Attempted Murder,
2) Conspiracy to Commit Indictable Offence,
3) two counts of Pointing a Firearm,
4) Discharge Firearm Endanger Life,
5) Careless Use of Firearm,
6) Weapons Dangerous,
7) Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
8) Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order,
9) Unauthorized Possession of Firearm,
10) Careless Storage of Firearm.
They were scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Sunday, July 24, 2011, room 101, at 10 a.m.