This article was last updated on April 16, 2022
The male driver of the stolen vehicle failed to pull over when officers attempted a traffic stop. The stolen vehicle was involved in two minor motor vehicle collisions near the intersections of St. Marys Avenue and Main Street as well as Broadway and Main Street. The collisions resulted in approximately $7,500.00 to the vehicles and there were no injuries as a result.
The stolen vehicle was subsequently abandoned in the area of Kennedy Street and Broadway, when it came to rest in a flowerbed.
The suspect fled but was quickly arrested by officers after a brief foot chase, in the 400 block of Broadway.
Blaine George HANSON, 45 years, of Winnipeg has been charged with the following offences:
– Flight from police officer
– Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
– Drive without a licence
– Possession property obtained by crime
– Fail to remain at the scene of an accident and exchange particulars X3
– Warrant to arrest- Possess property obtained by crime
– Warrant for revocation of statutory release
HANSON has been detained in custody at the Winnipeg Remand Centre.