It is alleged that:
– on Sunday, February 17, 2013, at 12:45 a.m., the accused approached a 17-year-old boy outside 220 Woolner Avenue
– the accused produced a handgun from his waistband and shot the victim in his torso
– the accused chased the victim on foot, firing several shots
– the accused fled the scene in a vehicle
The victim was taken to hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
Jevaun Anthony Beharie, 18, of Toronto, is charged with:
1) Attempted murder while using certain firearm
2) Use Firearm to commit indictable offence
3) Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
4) Discharge firearm endanger life
5) Firearm careless use
6) Point Firearm
7) Possession of ammunition for a dangerous purpose
8) Unauthorized possession of a firearm
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Tuesday, February 19, 2013, room 206, at 10 a.m.