A 41-year-old Saint John man has pleaded guilty to 46 counts ranging from child pornography related charges to sexual assault following an extensive police investigation involving the Saint John Police Force and the New Brunswick RCMP’s Internet Child Exploitation Unit.
The crimes Donald Snook pleaded guilty to were against 17 boys committed at various times beginning in January 2001 until his arrest in January of this year. Most of the victims were from the Saint John area. The boys were between the ages of 5 and 15 at the time of the offences.
The charges include;
– 13 charges of touching a child for a sexual purpose
– 10 charges of inviting touching from a child for a sexual purpose
– 9 charges of producing child pornography
– 4 charges of communicating with a child for a sexual purpose
– 3 charges of touching a child for a sexual purpose while in a position of trust
– 2 charges of sexual assault
– 2 charges of possession of child pornography
– 2 charges of distributing child pornography
– 1 charge of inducing a child by threats to distribute or post naked pictures of himself
Donald Snook is scheduled to appear in Saint John Provincial court on June 25 at 9:30 a.m. to set a date for sentencing.
The police spoke to a number of people over the course of the investigation.