It is alleged that:
– the man, posing as an insurance agent, presented himself to a potential client as selling policies better suited to the client’s financial needs
– in order to purchase the policy from the man, the potential client cashed out an existing life insurance policy
– the client paid $21,000 to the man posing as an agent in order to purchase the new policy
– the man absconded with the money and did not use it to purchase a policy
On Thursday, November 28, 2013, Laurence Honickman, 41, of Richmond Hill, was arrested and charged with:
– Fraud Over $5000
– Laundering Proceeds of Crime
– Fail to Comply with Probation
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West, at 10 a.m., in court room 306 on Thursday, November 28th, 2013.
Police believe there may be more victims.