It was alleged that:
– members of 51 Division Major Crime Unit started an investigation focusing on a drug operation based out of a hotel in the downtown core,
– three men moved in and took over the room of a 60-year-old woman to distribute crack cocaine,
– in the hotel room police discovered a loaded .380 calibre semi-automatic handgun, cash, a quantity of crack cocaine, a quantity of codeine and a quantity of marijuana.
On Sunday, October 3, 2010, members of the Provincial ROPE squad arrested a third person in connection with this investigation.
Mohammid Simon, 24, of Toronto, is charged with:
1) Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition,
2) Unauthorized Possession of a firearm,
3) Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized,
4) Careless Storage of a prohibited weapon,
5) Possession of a firearm obtained by the commission of an offence,
6) Weapons Dangerous,
7) Possession of a firearm contrary to a prohibition order,
8) Fail to Comply Probation,
9) Break and Enter with Intent.
He was scheduled to appear in court at College Park, on Monday, October 4, 2010, room 501, at 10 a.m.