It is alleged that:
– between Sunday, August 1, 2010 and Thursday, September 30, 2010, the accused attended a business on Consumers Road with numerous audio and visual recording devices,
– the accused would enter the ladies’ washroom on the first floor and enter one of the stalls,
– he would wait in darkness until a victim entered the washroom and activate the motion detector,
– once the victim was in a stall, the accused would enter the adjoining stall, and place a knapsack on the floor with a hidden camera,
– the camera would capture the victim’s activities.
Police believe there may be more victims.
Guo Wu, 40, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. seven counts of Voyeurism- Expectation of Privacy,
2. four counts of Voyeurism – Observe or Record Activity,
3. seven counts of Mischief Interfere with Property.
The accused was scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Wednesday, October 6, 2010, room 306, 10 a.m.