It is alleged that:
– officers were investigating an unrelated matter in the area when a man spotted police and discarded a sawed-off shotgun,
– the man ran off but officers arrested him near Grandravine Drive moments later.
Travis Tash, 18, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
2. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
3. Weapons Dangerous,
4. Careless Storage of a Firearm,
5. Firearm Careless Use,
6. Possession of Cocaine.
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, October 23, 2010, 10 a.m., room 101.