The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a Fraud investigation.
It is alleged that:
– a woman, acting as a lawyer on behalf of the Centrust Group, completed purchase-and-sale agreements for pre-construction condominiums at 5220 Yonge Street
– the purchasers provided the woman with deposit cheques for the purchased condominium units, pending the completion of the project
– the project was cancelled and the woman did not return the deposits to the purchasers
– the amount lost by the purchasers, to date, is in excess of $2 million
1) 25 counts of Fraud Over $5,000
2) 25 counts of Possess Property Obtained by Crime (over)
3) 25 counts of Breach of Trust
She was scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Thursday, October 2, 2014, 1 p.m., room 301.
Police believe there may be more victims.