Toronto Police Financial Crimes would like to advise the public of an arrest in a Fraud investigation.
It is alleged that:
– between October 2012 and July 2015, a man operated a medical clinic under the name "Toronto Alternative Medical Practice" at 2558 Danforth Avenue East suite 205
– the man produced false diplomas of qualifications in Naturopathy and Osteopathy to the public
– Fry Laboratories was contacted and confirmed they have had no contact with "Toronto Alternative Medical Practice"
– on Friday, July 10, 2015, police conducted an investigation into the fictitious blood result records
On Wednesday, July 29, 2015, Dennis Robinson, 67, of Toronto, was arrested. He has been charged with:
1) two counts of Fraud Under $5,000
2) two counts of Assault
He was scheduled to appear in court at at College Park on Thursday, July 30, 2015, at 10 a.m.
Police believe there may be other victims.