Buffalo Sabres continue to play well and once again came up on the top beating Calgary Flames 4-2. Here is the game summary.
• With points in their last 13 home games against Calgary (11-0-2), the Sabres have broken their series-record for most consecutive home games against the Flames with a point.
o The Sabres are now 17-3-2 in their last 22 home games against the Flames, with the last regulation home loss coming on March 15, 1996.
• The home team has now won 18 of the last 20 games between these teams, dating back to the 1999-00 season. The Flames’ last win in Buffalo was on Dec. 14, 2013.
o The franchise record for fastest three goals is 39 seconds (Pat LaFontaine, Wayne Presley and Donald Audette, 3/22/1992 at Chicago)
• The Sabres scored three power-play goals for the first time since Oct. 12, 2015 vs. Columbus.
• Kyle Okposo’s power-play goal was Buffalo’s first 5-on-3 goal since Nikita Zadorov’s goal on Feb. 15, 2015 against Philadelphia.
o With his a goal and an assist tonight, Okposo now has 10 points (2+8) in his last nine games against the Flames.
• Matt Moulson’s goal ties him with Shea Weber for the NHL lead with six power-play goals this season.
• Marcus Foligno’s goal gives him six points (4+2) in five game games against Calgary since the beginning of the 2014-15 season.
• Taylor Fedun (two assists tonight) has an assist in all three of his NHL games this season and assists in four straight NHL games, going back to last season.
• Rasmus Ristolainen’s assist on Okposo’s goal gives him six points (4+2) in his last four games against the Flames.
• With his goal, Johan Larsson now has a point in each of his last three games against the Flames (2+1).
• Evander Kane (assist tonight) now has eight points (3+6) in eight career games against Calgary.
Team Goaltender Decision SV% GAA
Flames Elliott L .875 4.11
Sabres Lehner W .935 2.01
Updated Season Stats
Team Goaltender Record SV% GAA
Flames Elliott 3-9-0 .882 3.42
Sabres Lehner 5-7-2 .920 2.49