Saturday, I saw Captain America: The First Avenger (my review here) and also enjoyed myself. For anybody looking for a comic book blockbuster action adventure, you can’t go wrong seeing this film. It is good.
Friday’s Lotto Max of fifteen million bucks was won by a ticket purchased in Ontario. Saturday’s 6/49 didn’t have a winner and has been rolled over. I note that the Lotto Max of July 8 still remains unclaimed. Hey, that’s a cool $21.4 million! Apparently this ticket was purchased in Toronto so if any of you readers are using your ticket as a bookmark or left it buried in some junk drawer, I would strongly advise you to find and get it checked out. Don’t forget that you need to give two weeks’ notice at work.
I am so sorry to see this woman die at such an early age. Addiction is a terrible problem and she has certainly had her problems dealing with the monkey on her back. She now joins that exclusive club of musical stars whose light was snuffed out at too early an age: Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain.
I just discovered her song Tears Dry On Their Own and put together an entry with the musical video and the lyrics. What a shame.
Harrison Ford tells a joke on David Letterman
DUI test perfect score
How close to a train track can you set up a vegetable market
6/49: Wed, Jul 27, 2011: $7 million
Lotto 6/49: One chance in 13,983,816
Lotto Max: Fri Jul 29: $10 million (No MaxMillions)
Lotto Max: One chance in 28,633,528
All the latest winning numbers
You can visit the Lotto web site and check out all the latest winning numbers including Poker, 49, Lottario, Keno, Pick 4, Pick 3 and Payday. Of course, all the Encore numbers can be found there as well.
Wikipedia: Annual events in Toronto: August
* Roncylicious, a showcase of the diverse flavours of Roncesvalles Avenue, running August 4th through 31st, with over thirty participating businesses. 
* The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE, or “the Ex”).
* The Taste of the Danforth festival showcases the mostly Greek culture of The Danforth and has expanded to include other cultures of the area.
* The Mabuhay Philippines Toronto Summer Festival- the largest celebration of Philippine heritage and culture in Canada.
* Festival of South Asia – A festival of the South Asian culture of Gerrard India Baazaar.
* Muslim Fest- Festival Celebrating the Best in Muslim Art & Entertainment – Annual Festival Celebrating the Best in Muslim Art & Entertainment.
* Toronto International Dance Festival
* Toronto Buskerfest- A festival of Street Performers.
I have been to buskerfest a few times and it is always a blast. If you haven’t been, you have to try this out. Funny, entertaining and sometimes simply amazing.
* Taiwanfest previously known as TCF (Taiwanese Cultural Festival).
* Toronto’s Festival of Beer- Toronto Beerfest in Historic Fort York.
* Markland Wood Annual Family Fun Day is held on the second Saturday in August, celebrating summer with clowns, The Toronto Police and Firefighters, games, face painting and lunch.
Click HERE to read more from William Belle
Article viewed at: Oye! Times at www.oyetimes.com