This is Toronto Pride Week’s 31st year.
At 8 a.m., the following roads will be closed to all vehicular traffic:
– Aylmer Avenue, from Yonge Street to Park Road,
– Park Road, from Rosedale Road to Church Street,
– Rosedale Valley Road, from Park Road to Bayview Avenue.
At noon, road closures will also come into effect on:
– Bloor Street East, from Bay Street to Jarvis Street,
– Church Street, from Yonge Street to Bloor Street East,
– College Street, from Bay Street to Jarvis Street,
– Gerrard Street, from Bay Street to Jarvis Street,
– Yonge Street, from Aylmer Avenue to Dundas Street.
The Pride Parade will start at 2 p.m., and will proceed along the following route:
Start: Bloor Street East and Church Street,
West: Bloor Street East,
South: Yonge Street,
End: Yonge Street & Gerrard Street
All roads are expected to be reopened by 6 p.m.
TTC: The College/Carlton Streetcar route is the only east/west surface route available north of Gerrard Street.
Vehicles are advised to take alternative routes as there will be traffic delays in the area.
The Toronto Police Service would like to remind members of the public that recent changes to Ontario’s liquor laws do not make it legal for alcoholic beverages to be consumed in public places or unlicensed establishments.