The Toronto Police Service would like to alert the public to a potential sex offender investigation.
It is reported that:
– on Tuesday December 22, 2011, at 8:58 p.m., a woman had returned home from work
– she entered her home in the Driftwood Ave/Jane Street area
– she locked her doors and prepared to retire for the night
– her partner, already home and in bed, heard a loud bang at their bedroom window,
– they saw a man peering into their bedroom window,
– the man then fled the scene, either on foot or in a small four-door grey/silver car
Police searched of the rear yard, finding several objects piled below the bedroom window, and fresh footprints in the mud
Police continue to remind residents to take precautions by ensuring they are not being followed home, locking their doors and windows and closing their blinds or drapes during evening hours.