It is reported that:
− a deceased woman was located in the apartment suffering from obvious signs of injury.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The woman has been identified as Manijeh Bostani−Khamsi, 78, of Toronto.
A warrant for First Degree Murder has been issued for Fernando De Castro, 46, of the Philippines.
It is alleged that:
– Fernando De Castro and his wife, Melpa De Castro, arrived in Canada in 2007 as visitors
– they rented several apartments throughout Toronto
– they worked as house cleaners; he also worked as a health-care provider for elderly clients
– the victim hired the couple to clean her home and became well-known to them
It is further alleged that:
– on Friday, November 16, 2012, some time around 11:50 a.m., Fernando De Castro attended the apartment of Manijeh Bostani-Khamsi
– on Tuesday, November 20, 2012, he and his wife fled Canada and are believed to be in the Philippines.
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance locating witnesses who had contact with, or any knowledge of the whereabouts of, Fernando De Castro during the early-afternoon hours of Friday, November 16, 2012.