It is alleged that:
– police attended a seventh-floor apartment at a seniors’ home at 310 Dundas Street East, where a man had reportedly intimidated a 63-year-old resident into allowing him to sell drugs from his residence,
– officers attended the apartment unit and were let in by the resident,
– two women and a man fled the apartment and climbed over the balcony,
– the two women were located in an adjacent apartment and taken into custody,
– the man was located on a sixth-floor balcony.
It is further alleged that:
– the man attempted to break into an apartment on the sixth floor by smashing a window,
– the man, while evading police, discarded two loaded handguns under the bed of a 72-year-old female resident.
Shayne Stuart Brown, 30, Toronto, has been charged with:
1. two counts of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
2. two counts of Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
3. two counts of Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition,
4. two counts of Possession of a Firearm Obtained by the Commission of an Offence,
5. two counts of Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order,
6. Careless Storage Ammunition,
7. Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order,
8. Forcible Entry,
9. Possession for the Purpose Marijuana,
10. Possession of Proceeds of Crime.