It is alleged that:
– the accused was driving a Honda Civic, east on Grandravine Drive, when he turned right onto Keele Street and accelerated quickly,
– officers attempted to catch up to the vehicle, and found it parked in a parking lot of Sheppard Avenue West,
– the accused got out of the car, and the officers approached him,
– a strong smell of marijuana came from the car and the accused was advised he was under arrest for possession of marijuana,
– officers located marijuana, cocaine and a loaded 9 mm handgun inside the car.
Jahmel Jahmari Burke, 22, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. Possession of Cocaine,
2. Possession for the Purpose Cocaine,
3. Possession of Marijuana (under),
4. Possession of Proceeds of Crime,
5. Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order,
6. Unauthorized Presence of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle,
7. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
8. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
9. Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition,
10. Careless Storage of a Firearm,
11. Possess Firearm Knowing the Serial Number has been Altered, Defaced or Removed.
He was scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 1000 Finch Avenue West, 10 a.m., room 306.