The Behavioural Assessment Section of the Toronto Police Service’s Sex Crimes Unit, in partnership with York Regional Police and Correctional Services Canada, has assessed Ronald Tibando as a high-risk to reoffend.
In 1980, Ronald Tibando raped two women he attacked in underground parking garages in the Toronto area. He was on parole for these incidents when, in April 1989, he approached a woman from behind, dragged her to a nearby park and sexually assaulted her after she exited a bus in Peel Region. In May 1993, while incarcerated, he assaulted one female staff member and forcibly confined another in the same incident.
Ronald Tibando will be living in Toronto and, further to a Judicial Restraint Order, will be subject to a number of conditions, including the following:
1) Report weekly to police;
2) No contact with his prior victims;
3) Not to attend any public park;
4) Not to attend any underground parking structure;
5) Abstain from the purchase, possession and consumption of alcohol and any non-prescription drugs, and not to enter any premises where alcohol is sold as a primary source of income;
6) Comply with the imposed weapons prohibitions;
7) Comply with a curfew (between 11 pm and 6 am); and
8) Not to associate with any person known by him to be involved in criminal activity.