Before Ramadan starts, people search different Ramadan menu ideas and food recipes through the television cooking program, internet, books and magazines. Remember, for the healthy sehri menu, your food should be a combination of protein and fiber. Here is my favorite or you can say the best sehri menu for Ramadan. Hope you will also like it and add them into your sehri menu.
Stuffed Egg Paratha:
This recipe is perfect combo of fiber and protein and will keep you energetic all day long.
Whole wheat 1 cup, water (according to the requirement to make a dough), 1 egg, 1 tbsp of oil, salt as per taste, ½ tsp. black pepper,1 tsp. Red chili powder or as per taste, onion and coriander chopped.
2. In a bowl put egg and adds salt, pepper, fine chopped onion, coriander and chili powder. Now whisk the better well and keep it aside to be used later.
3. Take the flour u kneaded and makes two balls out of it. Now make them flat like a roti. You have now two flat roti and a mixture of egg.
4. Pre heats the pan, spread 1tbsp of oil on it and place one flat round roti on the pan. Let it cook a little from one side, then turn that cooked side and pour the egg mixture in the middle of the roti as it will start to spread all around.
5. Now immediately place the other roti on the top and make it stick with the egg mixture and the already half cooked roti in the pan.
6. Put the flame on low heat and turn the paratha upside down while adding a little more oil so the egg which is inside, cooked well. When the paratha is golden brown from both sides it is ready to serve.
7. Tip: you may also replace egg with chicken and cheese to make “chicken cheese paratha” which is also a healthy sehri meal and will be a change for other sehri menu.
Fruity Yogurt Smoothie:
This is a fruity and fresh drink which makes the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack. Yogurt and milk is a great source of calcium, strawberries and orange are a great source of vitamin C.
Fat-free milk, vanilla low-fat yogurt, pineapple or orange juice, frozen or fresh strawberries, banana, honey or low calorie sugar (if you need to add more sweet flavor)
1. Put all the ingredients in the blender; add some ice cubes.
2. Blend it well and serve it immediately to remain its taste fresh.
No Bake Cereal Bars:
This recipe is really healthy and perfect to maintain the sugar level.
1 bowl corn flakes, ½ cup white corn syrup, ½ cup caster sugar, ¾ cup peanut butter, 200gm melted chocolate (melt it on a double boiler).
1. Place a non stick pan on stove and put sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter in it. Heat all the ingredients on low flame until sugar gets dissolve.
2. Turn off the stove, pour and mix the mixture well with corn flakes.
3. Take a flat tray, grease it with 1 tsp of oil and pour the whole mixture in tray. Spread it with a spatula and pour the melted chocolate over the mixture.
4. Set it in fridge for about an hour. When it gets chill, cut into bars and serve.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.